Friday 10 December 2010

Setting a blistering pace

Yesterday was intervals on the dreadmill. Six miles with warm up, cool down and recoveries at 8.47 pace with 6 x 120s @ 6.47 pace sprinkled in. Hard work on a dreadmill but I am just about getting used to it.

Unfortunately though, when I got changed I realised I had forgotten to bring any socks. The Nike Free shoes have a single piece design for the upper so I decided to try without socks. Halfway through I could feel a blister forming on my right instep and it felt pretty warm on the ball joint of the big toe on both feet so I nipped back to the changing room to check. Sure enough a small blister had formed and burst on the instep but other than that it looked OK.

I'd walked to the gym through the ice and snow so the socks I'd worn beneath my boots were Sealskinz waterproof socks - not really de rigeur for the gym or running - but I decided to give them a go with the running shoes. They prevented further damage but my feet got very hot. Hopefully they'll have looked vaguely like football socks.

Another good diet day. Little more to say about that.

Shower and dressing next then off to the gym for 50 mins on the cross trainer before driving down to Warwick for a meeting. Should be back for tea time and tree decorating.

2 comments:

BabyWilt said...

Setting new fashion trends perhaps ;-)

Maria said...

Ah thick socks are better than no socks every time! I often wear knee high socks under trousers to keep warm, and then forget to change socks and end up rolling them down half way through aerobics! No one minds!!