Wednesday 3 November 2010

Got my sex face on?

In the new pictures. Its either an orgasm, trapped wind or the end of a tough race. Funny that as I was just reading this morning about learning to welcome pain in races.

I was also reading this morning in http://www.theroserunner.co.uk/ about one of those runs where you seem to be running round in circles trying to reach a mileage target. I had one of those today with the hill training. Two mile warm up and two mile cool down sandwiching 4 x 30s steep hill sprints with 2 minute jogs between. All good fun but a bit contrived feeling - I far prefer a loop or out and back course to going back and forth on the same old streets forever gazing at the mileage.

I again chose a particularly steep local slope that's 0.09 miles long and I can just get up it in 30 seconds but my word its tough. On each repeat I was glancing at the Garmin by 22/23 seconds. I did consider taking a picture of it but on reading/seeing Laura's experiences in trying to 'capture' a hill for posterity I may reconsider!

Very much back on board with the diet/healthy eating today but I need to be. The gain over the last month has put paid to my plans for very slow loss as otherwise I'll need to be doing it right through to Paris! Need a good kick start this side of Christmas, then cut back on the rate of loss for 2 months then maintain. That's the plan.

So, tonight its off to see the third of four comedians in a month having done Jimmy Carr and Jeremy Hardy, tonight is Reginald D Hunter. I shall resist the charms of the interval choc ice.

5 comments:

Just a Girl said...

Love the sex face :D And well done on the hill training too - it's a necessary evil!

Maria said...

Have a fab time - fingers crossed you avoided the overpriced and tiny tubs of ice cream too :)

Alison said...

That's just a trying hard face :-)

Do you not feel like dieting is just like perpetually watching the mileage on hilly sprints? I think that's why the monthly weighing thing was working -- it's like going out on an LSR and not looking at the watch for the first hour..

Unknown said...

Heh funny pictures! I dread to think what I look like towards the end of a race!! Hope you enjoyed Reginald D Hunter, Mike went to see him with my dad and brother last year and they said he was brilliant!

RoseC2 said...

ooh, lots of comedy....I'd do a jealous face if I knew how to compete with that sex face! :-)

Don't intend on doing any more running round in circles for a while!

Rosex