As part of the acceptance process I'm due to recommend 15 other blogs and give seven facts about me.
It looks like all the blogs I subscribe to have been nominated already so I'll skip that but please do look at the blogs I follow they're all well worth a read.
Now for the seven facts:
- I first flew on an aeroplane in February 1980 but only flew once more until the autumn of 2003.
- I've been on TV several times, mainly on sports programmes as a face in the crowd but I have been referred to on Match of the Day (as an example of a 'poor' fan), interviewed for the BBC's Superleague show and had my shirt commented on during a Sky rugby league broadcast.
- Sticking with the media theme I once did the commentary on a Leeds Rhinos match against Warrington for the official club DVD.
- (Apologies to vegetarians...) I grew up in a mining town in the 1970s and as a treat me and my brothers would be given pieces of raw bacon rind to chew the fat from - one of the many reasons my partner thinks I was brought up in the 1930s.
- When I was six, and learning to swim, I got into difficulties out of my depth and was petrified of water until I finally learned to swim 8 years ago. I'm now happy to swim on or under open water.
- Despite being a mere 40 years old both of my grandfathers fought in world war one - one being one of the first volunteers in August 1914.
- Although I've never taught I'm qualified as a teacher.