Saturday 16 October 2010

Kinky Sex Dungeon

That's where I've been doing Pilates.

Not only have I been massaged and manipulated on a PVC covered bench surrounded by a metal frame adorned with rubber straps and furry hand cuffs (aka the 'Cadillac') but I've now booked in for 7 sessions on a piece of kit called a 'reformer'. Its like the wildest fantasies of a Tory MP or Evangelical minister.

I think its worked well though. I had 5 x 1:1 sessions and got my sore neck and sciatica treated as well as some extra mobility from massages to lower body. Additionally I've been given two sets of Pilates exercises to do at home, picking up the second lot yesterday. I spent yesterday's hour doing the latest ones and can certainly tell I've done them this morning!

At £38 a week I can't afford to keep it up though but have booked for a 7 week course in the run up to Christmas working on the previously mentioned 'reformer'. Kath, the instructor, believes it'll suit me well and has suggested moving onto the more dynamic Pilates 'jump board' after Christmas as a natural progression.

Should be good!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I've heard about these machines before, but remain sceptical. Saying that, you seem to be getting some good results. I hope your hips / groin hold up for today's race though..

Running Rob said...

Will you ever stop fixating on my groin??? ;)

Snake hipped lothario that I am I got through no problems at all!