Monday 13 July 2009

Back to it

After a week off it was back to the grindstone last week.

I started off with a short but brisk 3.75 miles on a muggy, humid Monday afternoon then followed that with an enjoyable 7.26 on Tuesday evening - round the reservoir with Abbey Runners.

Wednesday and Friday were rest days and they sandwiched 6 miles (done in 47:36) on Thursday evening. I was pleased with that.

On Saturday I did a mile with Beth in the morning (she'd been ill in the week so we took it easy)followed by 10 miles in the afternoon running the route of the Eccup 10 race which I marshalled at the following day. Both the run and the marshalling were good fun. Marshalling, like life, is a case of the more you put in the more you get out.

That meant another rest day on Sunday and I filled my time (post event) with a trip to the carvery, a dvd with the family and a whole lot more eating!

That was a change from the rest of the week where I watched food intake closely and dropped to within less than 2lb of Paris weight - somewhere I expect to get to this week.

No comments: